Username Password Remember me

There are no futures contracts listed for this game.

Monthly sales futures contracts are just like stocks except they only represent the sales of one month and cash out when the NPD Group reports sales for that month.

To find currently trading futures contracts, check the
Futures page

What Metascore will Assassin's Creed receive?
In association with:

Today's change:
0.00 (0.00%)

Daily Volume 0
Total Volume 171,303

Publisher Ubisoft Studio Ubisoft Montreal Genre Action
Release Dates 11/13/07 11/29/07 11/16/07 11/14/07

Assassin's Creed is a new action/adventure game from Ubisoft Montreal scheduled for Q3 or Q4 of CY2007. It is developed by members of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time team.

The game's events take place in 1191, during the Third Crusade in the cities of Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. The player takes the role of an assassin named Altair from an organization called the Hashashin whose goal is to assassinate the architects of the Crusades. The game will feature very interactive environments and historically accurate cities. Non-player characters will react to how you control your character. One example is climbing a wall may result in civilians gathering to watch, which will then attract guards.

The game also features free-roaming environments where the player can climb nearly anything--exploring cities from rooftops with scale possibly rivaling The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Grand Theft Auto games. Combat in Assassin's Creed will be more realistic in that characters will weaken as they are hurt and they cannot survive repeated blows from a sword. The game will also feature a new concept called "social stealth." Rather than stealthily sneaking in the shadows, the player can blend into the crowds after assassinating someone in public.

The title sold:
December 2007: 893,700 copies (US) (Source)
November 2007: 980,000 copies (US) (Source)

Also see Assassin's Creed (PS3).

Edit Wiki Summary | Edit Wiki Date

Assassin's Creed expected to sell more than 5 million...

Ubisoft - December 13, 2007

Submitted by alesul (14) at 9:29AM PST on December 13, 2007

n less than four weeks Assassin's Creed recorded more than two and a half million units in sell-through sales worldwide, and is the fastest-selling new video game intellectual property in the US ever. Consequently, Ubisoft now forecasts that it will sell a minimum of five million units of the game in 2007-08 compared with its previous estimate of approximately three million.
Comments (16) | Permalink

Assassin's Creed to assassinate in November

Xbox360Fanboy - June 7, 2007

Submitted by welshbloke (30) at 12:16PM PST on June 7, 2007

Ubisoft today announced the long-anticipated Assassin's Creed will be released across PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and the PC this November
Comments (2) | Permalink

Assassin's Creed nabs 37/40 from Famitsu

Joystiq - November 2, 2007

Submitted by welshbloke (30) at 3:12PM PST on November 3, 2007

Scoring 10, 10, 8 and 9 on the Famitsu scoring system. Famitsu must have been bought out by Microsoft as this is the second big Xbox game score from the Japanese magazine. The last 37 they gave was for Halo 3.
Comments (2) | Permalink

Assassin's Creed Passes 6 mln

Next Generation - April 24, 2008

Submitted by sagexsdx (19) at 10:10AM PST on April 24, 2008

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed continues to motor on, selling over 6 million units as of March 31 this year, further establishing itself as a star franchise for the game maker.
Comments (0) | Permalink

Fastest selling new IP since 2002

gamesindustry - November 20, 2007

Submitted by ixaarii (48) at 12:44AM PST on November 20, 2007

"Ubisoft's Assassins Creed has shot to the top of the UK all-formats charts and become the second fastest-selling new IP on an individual format behind 2002's The Getaway. The Xbox 360 version of the game claims 67 per cent of sales, with the PlayStation 3 version taking the remaining 33 per cent. It also becomes the third fastest-selling Xbox 360 game within a weekly sales period."
Comments (0) | Permalink

+ Submit an article
View more >